Fertigs Community Center
September 25, 2017
The regular meeting of the Fertigs Community Center was called to order on September 25, 2017 at 7:14 PM after Gary Davis opened with prayer.
Carol Davis, Gary Davis, Bill Hart, Donna Hart, Linda Anderson, Dawn Stepp, Max Stepp, Sawyer Stepp, Tom Peterson, Stephanie Peterson, Laura Shreffler, Darole Pertz and Jean Davis.
Approval of the Minutes
The minutes were looked over by all in attendance. Bill made a motion to accept, Stephanie 2nd. All were in favor and the minutes were accepted.
A Treasurers Report was looked over by all in attendance. Dawn brought up the cost for the port-a-potty and said that we are paying too much. We should only be paying $90.00 and have been paying $106.00, Dawn said that she would contact them and see what is going on. Donna said that the dumpster hasn’t been paid at all this summer and she is unsure about the status of Culligan, Donna will find out what all is owed and bring the payments current.
Discussed on September 25, 2017
- Insurance – We paid Barr’s Insurance for new year’s Insurance Policy and will continue to look around at all of our options. Donna said that she looked our current policy and said that the coverage looks ok.
- Old Home Day – Dawn brought up the number of dogs that were at Old Home Day, and could cause some problems. We will need to find a way to express to the public that dogs should not be joining them at Old Home Day. Look into using the Church of God parking lot for worker parking/spectator parking and possible the building for the Chinese Auction next year. Need to get signs for out back to show people where the ice cream is sold and where all other food is sold. Linda said she would like to have a few people ready to make phone calls as soon as names are pulled instead of waiting until names are pulled for all of the items. Linda also asked if we could have kids lined up and ready to pull names to make the process run smoother. Carol still has 3 items in her garage from the auction, she needs the numbers to contact the people. To have on record it takes about $70.00 to make 10 lbs. of the BBQ Ham. Laura suggested that when Donna does the write up for the Good Times next year that she add the number of cars that were at the 2017 car show and the number of auction items we had for 2017.
- Benches – We would like to have the bench here for the dinner so that people can see what it looks like and maybe put a sign on it to show people where it was bought in case anyone would like to purchase one and donate it to the Community Center.
- Flea Market/Tractor Show/Engine Show – Tom has about 12 vendors to set up. Tom suggested selling 50/50 tickets. Laura will pick up the food, will be getting the burgers from Hirsch’s and need to lower the prices to match the Old Home Day prices. Tom suggested when doing the Flea Markets next year that he would like to have a theme for them, like July’s would be Christmas in July.
- Security Cameras – We will continue to look, will go out and look when the new Harbor Freight opens in Cranberry.
- Chicken BBQ Dinner – 10-14-17. Donna will order 60 chickens from Comet.
Menu : Chicken, Potatoes, Homemade Applesauce, Green Beans, Bread and a variety of Pumpkin deserts.
Price : Adults – $10.00
Children 4-11 – $6.00
Children under 3 – Free
Winning pig tickets will be pulled after the dinner.
- Hayride – 10-21-17. Bill said that we could loop up through the woods and the field and come back to the community center. He said he will map out a route to discuss at a later date. Could have bats and spiders drop from the trees. Have a fire where people can roast marshmallows. Have to figure out a time to start and a menu for the kitchen. Steph suggested contacting the high school and seeing about the kids volunteering. It will be a family friendly event. We will meet after the BBQ Dinner to discuss more details.
- Siding – Dawn suggested white siding and flower boxes. Bill said he will get prices and bring it up at the next meeting.
- Tables and Chairs – Sam’s Club had said that they would give us 10 sets for the price of 8 ($1,900.00). They are 8 foot tables with 8 chairs at each table. If Sam’s Club will hold to their price then we will get them as soon as possible if not we will have to look at our options.
- Christmas Dinner – 12-11-17.
*An Executive Meeting was held to discuss other matters. (Secretary has the notes)*
Jay made a motion to adjourn, Tom 2nd. All were in favor and the motion was carried. The meeting was adjourned at 8:47 PM. The next meeting will be October 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM.